Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, privately-held Pella Corporation offers a full range of energy-efficient windows and doors, including residential and commercial products for new construction, remodeling and replacement projects. Known for innovation since the company was founded in 1925, their mantra is they “can offer customers windows and doors to meet virtually any design or budget.” Manufactured at sites across the USA, Pella Windows and Doors are available across North America and in select countries overseas. As a service to customers who choose to have their local Pella representatives coordinate installation of Pella Windows or Doors, Pella allows consumers to conveniently schedule in-home consultations for window or door replacement online through pella.com.
- Move the RTA, “Real Time Appointment Setting” application on to WebCenter Sites
- Add time slot management functionality
- Incorporate QAS address validation
- The RTA application is an appointment scheduler comprised of several HTML-based data input screens whose data, upon completion, are serialized into XML, and placed on a JMS queue where it is fed into the corporate CRM system
- Developed using the Oracle CSDT and SVN, which allowed the Element Solutions team and the Pella team to work both remotely and collaboratively
- Front end was built using AJAX, JSON and Jquery and supports all modern browsers